Sandgate Tennis Master Plan
Delivery of the infrastructure upgrades proposed in our Master Plan is largely contingent on upon grants. A grant strategy has been established by SDYTA. to apply for infrastructure projects. The preferred funding sources for the redevelopment of the centre are primarily through the Department of National Parks, Recreation Sport and Racing. Supplementary funding will be sought through other programs offered by:
(a) Brisbane City Council. Community Facility Grants Program.
(b) Get in the Game. Suite of programs. From LNP. Government.
(c) Get Started. (A voucher system to assist children whose families can’t afford for them to join a sporting club. $150.00 per year.)
(d) Get Going. Programs and equipment grants.
(e) Get Playing. Minor facility grants.
(f) Community Benefit Fund. Jupiter’s Casino.
(g) National Court Rebate Scheme. Tennis Queensland.
Having received grants during 2013 an amount of $228,600.00 supporting us towards completion of our Master Plan by 2019, SDYTA. passes on their appreciation to:
- Member for Sandgate. Kerry Millard MP.
- The Right Honourable Lord Mayor of Brisbane. Councillor Graham Quirk.
- The Honourable Campbell Newman. MP. Premier of Queensland.
- The Honourable Steve Dickson. MP. Minister for National Parks and Recreation.
- The Honourable Jarrod Bleijie. MP. Attorney General and Minister for Justice.
- Momentum. Queensland. Mr Matthew Fitzpatrick. Director.
Stage one of the “Sandgate Tennis Master Plan” will be completed by 31/12/14. Resulting this complex with 2 new International Tennis Federation Championship size Tournament Tennis Courts. Stage two will be the full enclosure of one of these courts at a cost of $500,000.00.
SDYTA SIGHT PLAN. Click here to enlarge preview.